- 5. Very old-fashioned or no longer used.
- 7. Able to speak two languages very well.
- 8. Able to speak or write a language very well. A ____ speaker.
- 10. Relating to language or linguistics.
- 11. If two words or lines of poetry rhyme, they end with the same sound.
- 13. The way in which your voice goes up and down when speaking.
- 15. A word with only one syllable, for example ‘no’.
- 16. To invent a new word or phrase that many people start to use.
- 17. A vowel sound made by pronouncing two vowels quickly one after the other.
- 18. Fluent expression in speech or writing, or the ability to express yourself fluently.
- 1. ---- language is typical of the way people usually talk and write
- 2. Someone who learned a particular language as their first language when they were a baby. A ____ speaker.
- 3. A form of a language that is spoken in one part of a country.
- 4. in a way that involves euphemism.
- 6. A way of speaking or writing that is formal or informal.
- 9. Relating to the sounds of human speech.
- 12. Not polite.
- 14. Very informal language that uses new or rude words instead of the usual words for something.