Manatee Village - Buildings and History
- 3. "old _______ head" is the name of the 1913 Steam engine at Manatee Village along Manatee Avenue.
- 5. a building used to preserve and cure meat.
- 7. name of family that lived in the 1912 Settler's House.
- 9. number of rooms in the Schoolhouse.
- 10. "________ in Manatee" is the name of one of the current exhibits centered on faith and belief systems.
- 13. modern name of town where Manatee Village is located.
- 1. a bright red fruit and name of the type of schools when children needed to spend a large amount of time on the family farm.
- 2. "Wiggins _______ Store" is the 1903 store at Manatee Village.
- 4. building where legal and government matters were settled.
- 5. a type of mill used to process this sweet substance.
- 6. first name of the owner of the Wiggins General Store.
- 8. number of years it took for the 1887 Church to finish being built.
- 11. family name of the first settlers of Manatee Village, also a hinged area of a fence with "s".
- 12. something that Florida barns, unlike northern ones, did not keep inside.
- 13. "1850 Manatee _______ Grounds" is the cemetery where many of Manatee's first settlers are buried.