Manatee Village - Food & More
- 7. type of meat from pig, chops, bacon.
- 8. a type of saltwater bivalve eaten by settlers and people today, farmed for food or pearls.
- 10. lacto-fermented cucumber.
- 11. quick bread containing cornmeal.
- 12. can be chewed, smoked, and was once used for wounds, contains nicotine.
- 16. type of pie with milk, limes, and eggs, first formal mention of this pie was by William Curry in Key West.
- 18. a fish, sea bass family, mild flavor.
- 19. used for its oil, eaten boiled or raw, many people are allergic.
- 20. these are type of legume, kidney shaped.
- 1. a plant that yields a sweet substance and used to sweeten baked goods and more.
- 2. from cows, rich in fat and protein
- 3. this vegetable was favored for its high yield, bulk, and less likely to spoil, eaten baked or today as a side dish in fast food.
- 4. made by bees and other insects from nectar.
- 5. large marine crustacean with pincher and crusher claws.
- 6. crustacean that moves sideways.
- 9. a red fruit often mistaken for a vegetable, used in many dishes, Harllee family started this farming in our area.
- 13. this is a type of tree grown by Mrs. Atzeroth and sold as a liquid at places today like Starbucks.
- 14. these are laid by chickens.
- 15. type of meat from cattle
- 17. dairy product made from cream.