1. "The last great stigma of the twentieth century is the stigma of ______ illness."
4. Type of disorder when one avoids or restricts activities because of persistent and excessive fear.
5. Approximately 8 percent of U.S. adults have a ___________ use disorder. People with a mood or anxiety disorder are two to three times more likely have disorder.
9. Are experts in medication and can help people suffering side effects or interactions with other medications.
10. Means that what you say and do shows that you are accepting of the person. This means not holding one set of attitudes while expressing another.
12. A general term used to describe a mental health problem in which a person has lost some contact with reality, resulting in severe disturbances in thinking, emotion, and behavior.
14. Adopting an attitude of _________ means respecting the person's feelings, personal values and experiences as valid, even if they are different from your own or you disagree with them.
17. ________ for risk of suicide or harm.
18. _________ self-help and other support strategies
22. ________ nonjudgmentally
23. The most important facet of recovery.
1. A mind altering drug also called cannabis.
2. Crucial to recovery is societal acceptance and appreciation of all persons, including protecting their rights and eliminating discrimination and stigma.
3. ______ reassurance and information
5. The most common disorder in which psychosis is a feature and the mayor symptoms include delusions, hallucinations, thinking difficulties, loss of drive, blunted emotions, and social withdrawal.
6. 2011 survey found was used by 26.5 percent of people aged 12 or older in the past month. Is so widely used that we do not usually think of it as a mental health issue.
7. A type of disorder more common in females than males and symptoms can include feeling worthless, difficulty concentrating, sleeping difficulties, loss of interest in food, feeling guilty though really not at fault.
8. When experiencing this type of disorder it not unusual for people with this disorder to become psychotic during depressive or manic episodes.
11. Apply the ______ action plan when developing mental health problems and crisis.
13. _________ affective disorder is characterized by a depressive illness during the fall and winter months, when there is less natural sunlight.
15. Type of disorders usually caused by perceived threats in the environment.
16. A stimulant drug which gives very strong euphoric effects and is easily addictive.
19. According to the WHO data, mental disorders rank as the biggest health problem in North America, ahead of both cardiovascular disease and ________.
20. Mental Health First Aid Action Plan
21. Various psychological therapies are used for anxiety disorders, but _______ by far, the strongest evidence for effectiveness.(an abbreviation for a type of therapy)