- 4. a very large area of sea.
- 7. a flat, brown or black insect sometimes found in the home.
- 8. an area of low land between hills or mountains, often with a river running through it.
- 10. a small, very intelligent African ape with black or brown fur.
- 12. a sea mammal that is large, smooth, and grey, with a long, pointed mouth.
- 13. an area, often covered with sand or rocks, where there is very little rain and not many plants.
- 1. a large South American animal with a long neck and long hair.
- 2. a raised part of the earth's surface, much larger than a hill.
- 3. a natural wide flow of fresh water across the land.
- 5. a very large grey mammal that has a trunk (= long nose) with which it can pick things up.
- 6. a large reptile with a hard skin that lives in and near rivers and lakes in hot, wet parts of the world.
- 8. a mountain with a large, circular hole at the top through which lava (= hot liquid rock) gases, steam, and dust are or have been forced out.
- 9. a large area of land covered with trees and plants, usually larger than a wood, or the trees and plants themselves.
- 11. a large African animal with a very long neck and long legs.