Physical Science Chapter 1
- 1. Always follow your teacher's instructions and textbook directions exactly is the most important ___ rule.
- 6. A scientific law is a statement that summarizes a pattern found in _____.
- 9. Life science, Earth and space science and ____ science are all branches of natural science.
- 10. A ____ review is a process in which scientists examine other scientists' work.
- 11. A(n) _____ graph is a way of plotting data to show changes that occur in related variables.
- 15. The ____ is the variable that changes in response to the manipulated variable.
- 16. On the ____ scale, water boils at 100 degrees.
- 19. When making _____, information is obtained through the senses.
- 20. Computers are an example of _____ that helps people solve problems.
- 22. An organized plan for gathering, organizing, and communicating information is called a scientific ____.
- 24. On this temperature scale, water freezes at 0 degrees.
- 2. The closeness of a measurement to the actual value being measured.
- 3. The SI base unit of mass is the _____.
- 4. 1 centimeter equals 10 ____.
- 5. On this temperature scale, water freezes at 32 degrees.
- 7. The ____ is very old and very large.
- 8. ____ can be transferred from one form to another, but it can never be destroyed.
- 12. _____ science is divided into life science, Earth and space science, and physical science.
- 13. ____ cause changes in motion.
- 14. On this temperature scale, water freezes at 273
- 17. a system of knowledge and the methods used to find that knowledge
- 18. A scientific ____ summarizes a pattern found in nature.
- 21. A physical or mental representation of an object or an event.
- 22. A scientific ____ makes it easier to understand things that are too small, too large, or too hard to observe directly.
- 23. When the ratio of the manipulated variable and the responding variable is constant, the relationship is a(n) ____ proportion.