- 6. a woman serving in the armed forces.
- 8. an enemy or opponent.
- 9. in every part of (a place or object.
- 10. come together, assemble.
- 13. lacking in quantity or number : not plentiful, rare.
- 15. a small ground-dwelling songbird with elongated hind claws and a song that is delivered on the wing, typically crested and with brown streaky plumage.
- 16. a heated argument or disagreement, typically about a trivial issue and between people who are usually on good terms.
- 17. the first appearance of light in the sky before sunrise.
- 1. having previously been a particular thing.
- 2. happening while other things happen ; during, among
- 3. an area of open land, especially one planted with crops or pasture, typically bounded by hedges or fences.
- 4. a person who works for an organization without being paid.
- 5. the piece of ground on which a battle is or was fought.
- 7. an ex-member of the armed forces.
- 8. complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
- 11. (of a person) having a physical or mental condition that limits their movements, senses, or activities.
- 12. a fine, strong, soft lustrous fibre produced by silkworms in making cocoons and collected to make thread and fabric. Silk is also spun by some insect larvae and by most spiders.
- 14. in or to a foreign country.