- 3. This is the person or thing in the sentence that carries out the action.
- 4. The name given to sentences that have at least two main clauses.
- 6. will and have are examples of these types of verbs.
- 9. We use these to join two or more main clauses.
- 10. Clause The part of a sentence that needs a main clause to make sense.
- 13. The minimum number of verbs that are in a compound sentence.
- 14. The name given to an incomplete sentence.
- 1. The number of verbs in a simple sentence.
- 2. A sentence is not complete without this.
- 5. clause Another word for sentence.
- 7. This is an example of a subordinating conjunction.
- 8. And, but, so and yet are examples of these types of conjunctions.
- 11. Every sentence needs to have one of these.
- 12. The most common type of sentence in English.