- 2. a form of play or sport, especially a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck.
- 3. a solid or hollow sphere or ovoid, especially one that is kicked, thrown, or hit in a game
- 4. going by
- 8. offensive to the senses, especially through having a disgusting smell or taste or being unpleasantly soiled
- 9. a punishment imposed for breaking a law, rule, or contract
- 10. strike or propel forcibly with the foot.
- 11. a person who defends someone or something.
- 12. informal term for goaltender or goalkeeper
- 13. toward the front; in the direction that one is facing or traveling..
- 1. a red card shown by the referee to a player who is being ejected from the game
- 4. a mechanism on a racing car which provides the driver with the ability to increase the car's power for short periods of time, usually via a button on the steering wheel
- 5. occupying an unlawful position on the field, in particular
- 6. the middle portion of a field
- 7. make the movement or flow in (a passage, pipe, road, etc.) difficult or impossible
- 13. an area of open land, especially one planted with crops or pasture, typically bounded by hedges or fences.