- 3. a herbaceous plant of the pea family
- 5. a plant with showy flowers, typically of purple or yellow, and sword-shaped leaves
- 6. a widely distributed weed of the daisy family, with a rosette of leaves and large bright yellow flowers followed by globular heads of seeds with downy tufts.
- 8. a bulbous spring-flowering plant of the lily family,
- 10. any of a number of other plants with blue bell-shaped flowers.
- 11. a bulbous European plant which bears drooping white flowers during the late winter.
- 13. a herbaceous plant or small shrub of a genus that comprises the cranesbills and their relatives.
- 1. blossoms a plant with complex flowers that are often showy or bizarrely shaped,
- 2. a herbaceous plant with showy flowers, milky sap, and rounded seed capsules
- 3. a plant of the daisy family with brightly coloured ornamental flowers, existing in many cultivated varieties.
- 4. a plant with complex flowers that are often showy or bizarrely shaped,
- 6. a bulbous European plant which typically bears bright yellow flowers with a long trumpet-shaped centre
- 7. a plant whose fruit induced a dreamy forgetfulness and an unwillingness to leave.
- 9. a bulbous plant with large trumpet-shaped, typically fragrant, flowers on a tall, slender stem.
- 11. a symbolic flower of the spring, a time of renewal, and the fleeting nature of life. T
- 12. a herbaceous or shrubby plant of north temperate regions, which has long been cultivated for its showy flowers.