- 1. York Home of the first presidential inauguration: George Washington took the oath of office in this state on April 30, 1789
- 5. has the only royal palace in the U.S.
- 7. More turkeys are raised here than in any other state
- 10. largest number of telescopes in the world
- 11. home to the most extensive coastline in U.S., 6,640 miles, longer than all other state's coasts combined
- 12. has the only full-length statue of George Washington, placed in its capitol in 1796
- 13. Home of Mark Twain and some of his characters, Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn
- 14. largest production of maple syrup in the U.S.
- 2. home of the “Register of the Desert,” a huge granite boulder with 5,000 early pioneer names carved on it
- 3. this states workers built the first rocket to put humans on the moon
- 4. first state to ratify the United States constitution
- 6. first automobile law was passed in this state in 1901, the speed limit was 12 mph
- 7. Katherine Lee Bates wrote “America the Beautiful” after seeing the view from Pikes Peak in this state
- 8. Famous singer Johnny Cash was born in this state
- 9. The first parking meter was installed in its captiol in 1935