3. provided by an electrical service is the flow rate of "electrical current" that is available. Mathematically, Amps = Watts / Volts. (Amps = Watts divided by Volts)
4. the negatively charged electrode by which electrons enter an electrical device.
5. close-fitting glasses with side shields, for protecting the eyes from glare, dust, water
7. a science that deals with designing and arranging things so that people can use them easily and safely
11. (also known as desk research) involves the summary, collation and/or synthesis of existing research rather than primary research, where data is collected from, for example, research subjects or experiments.
14. a particular way in which a thing exists or appears aestheticaly.
15. the condition of being protected from or unlikely to cause danger, risk, or injury.
16. a substance which has a molecular structure built up chiefly or completely from a large number of similar units bonded together, e.g. many synthetic organic materials used as plastics and resins
17. new research, carried out to answer specific issues or questions. It can involve questionnaires, surveys or interviews with individuals or small groups. Secondary research makes use of information previously researched for other purposes and publicly available
20. also known as an Acrylic line Bender, it is a machine with a strip of wire that heats the acrylic to such a heat that it becomes malleable without warping or bubbling the acrylic as that can happen with other more rapid means of heating the acrylic.
22. polymer (or plastic) also known as a prepolymer material that cures irreversibly. The cure may be induced by heat, generally above 200 °C (392 °F), through a chemical reaction, or suitable irradiation.
23. an electromotive force or potential difference expressed in volts.
24. a representation of statistics on a chart, graph, or computer screen.
26. A sharply pointed tool used for marking lines, as on wood, metal, or ceramic. Also called scribe.
27. a written document for a design project developed in concert by a person representing the business need for design and the designer. The document is focused on the desired results of design – not aesthetics.
30. a rough or unfinished drawing often made to assist in making a more finished project
32. a material or device that conducts or transmits heat or electricity, especially when regarded in terms of its capacity to do this.
35. a complete and closed path around which a circulating electric current can flow.
36. work or operate in a proper or particular way.
37. a tool or machine with a rotating cutting tip or reciprocating hammer or chisel, used for making holes
38. a woodworking or a metal working tool used for marking and measuring a piece of wood. The square refers to the tool's primary use of measuring the accuracy of a right angle (90 degrees); to try a surface is to check its straightness or correspondence to an adjoining surface.
39. a flow of electricity which results from the ordered directional movement of electrically charged particles.
1. the SI unit of electromotive force, the difference of potential that would carry one ampere of current against one ohm resistance.
2. a system such as a pattern of letters, ideas, or associations which assists in remembering something
3. (of synthetic resins and textile fibres) made from polymers of acrylic acid or acrylates.
6. (PPE) refers to protective clothing, helmets, goggles, or other garments or equipment designed to protect the wearer's body from injury or infection. The hazards addressed by protective equipment include physical, electrical, heat, chemicals, biohazards, and airborne particulate matter
8. denoting substances (especially synthetic resins) that become plastic on heating and harden on cooling, and are able to repeat these processes.
9. a word used to describe an action, state, or occurrence, and forming the main part of the predicate of a sentence, such as hear, become, happen.
10. a first or preliminary version of a device or vehicle from which other forms are developed.
12. a protective garment worn over the front of one's clothes and tied at the back
13. the making of a judgement about the amount, number, or value of something; assessment.
18. a stable subatomic particle with a charge of negative electricity, found in all atoms and acting as the primary carrier of electricity in solids.
19. the way something appears or is designed
21. a series of actions conducted in a certain order or manner.
25. a tool with a roughened surface or surfaces, typically of steel, used for smoothing or shaping a hard material.
28. a block of glass, ceramic, or other insulating material enclosing a wire carrying an electric current where it crosses a support.
29. convert (waste) into reusable material.
31. a plan or drawing produced to show the look and function or workings of a building, garment, or other object before it is made.
32. a saw with a very narrow blade stretched across a D-shaped frame, used for cutting curves in wood.
33. a principle or standard by which something may be judged or decided.
34. (of a substance or material) capable of polishing or cleaning a hard surface by rubbing or grinding.