- 3. come together; assemble or accumulate.
- 6. the process or period of gathering in crops.
- 9. Macy's has a famous one each year in New York on Thanksgiving
- 11. a strong feeling of appreciation to someone or something for what the person has done to help you
- 13. a formal evening meal, typically one in honor of a person or event.
- 14. the first president to issue a proclamation for a day of public Thanksgiving in 1789
- 15. a member of a group of English Puritans who sailed in the Mayflower and founded the colony of Plymouth, Massachusetts
- 1. the ship that carried the Pilgrims from England to Plymouth, Massachusetts
- 2. a member of any of the indigenous peoples of North, Central, and South America, especially those indigenous to what is now the continental US.
- 4. day of the week that Thanksgiving is always on
- 5. the transmission of customs or beliefs from generation to generation, or the fact of being passed on in this way.
- 7. each year the president "spares" the lives of a turkey
- 8. a symbol of plenty consisting of a goat's horn overflowing with flowers, fruit, and corn.
- 10. sport that has a tradition of playing on this holiday
- 12. a large mainly domesticated game bird native to North America, especially used in festive occasions such as Thanksgiving and Christmas.