The brain and cranial nerves
- 4. name of the fissure separating the left and right cerebral hemispheres
- 5. surface layer of gray matter of the cerebrum
- 6. ___ plexus, network of blood capillaries, makes CSF
- 7. direction toward the forehead or nose
- 9. major brain portion oriented like a vertical stalk with cerebrum perched on top.
- 11. the embryonic tissue from which the nervous system is derived.
- 15. directional term toward the spinal cord
- 16. the brain consumes ___ percent of body's oxygen and glucose (spell number)
- 18. inflammation of the meninges
- 19. portion of brain inferior to cerebrum, responsible for balance and movement.
- 21. the grooves of the cerebrum
- 1. space below the arachnoid mater holding CSF
- 2. extension of the meningeal layer of the dura that extends into the longitudinal fissure (2 words)
- 3. outer layer of the dura mater
- 8. space that separates the dura from the arachnoid mater
- 10. connective tissue membranes surrounding brain and lies between nervous tissue and bone.
- 12. internal brain chambers with CSF
- 13. name of connection between the two hemispheres of the cerebellum
- 14. folds of the brain
- 17. the brain receives this % of blood (spell number)
- 20. abbreviation for blood brain barrier