5. contains a nucleus. These organelles are common. nucleus, mitochondria, chloroplasts, endoplasmic reticulum and lysosomes
7. acid constructed of subunits referred to as nucleotides and forms a helix
9. process when plants, some bacteria and some protisans use energy from the sunlight to produce sugar
10. When two alleles are different ex. Aa, Bb, Cc
11. powerhouse of the cell functions as the area of energy release
12. organism that lacks a nucleus. Major cell structures include, cell membrane, cytoplasm,genetic material, and ribosomes.
15. A nuclear division when a single parental nucleus divides, creating 2 new nuclei (genetically identical). Seen with growth repair and cellular replacement.
16. process when a solute passes from an area with a high concentration to an area with a low concentration. ex. spraying air freshener
17. a major structure of prokaryotic cells provides support to the internal structure of the cell
1. comprised of one or more sugar subunits and classified accordingly
2. Part of the earth's surface and atmosphere populated by living organisms
3. the location for most of the nucleic acids a cell makes such as DNA & RNA
4. has long chains of nitrogen bearing subunits referred to as amino acids
6. interconnected memranes that helps with the transport and protein synthesis
8. not a plant, although many vascular plants wouldn't be able to grow without this symiotic ______. The two major components are mycelium and sporangium. Mycelium is the vegetative area and the sporangium is where the spores are formed.
10. When two alleles are the same ex. aa, bb, CC
13. tiny structures where protein synthesis occurs (rotein of cell assembled)
14. When the trait is expressed regardless of the second allele
18. when a solute goes from an area of low concentration to an area with a higher concentration
19. composed of fats and oils, phospholipids, sterols, and waxes