- 1. The Manifest Destiny stated that the US would expand its territory all the way to the ___ Ocean.
- 3. The Northern states of the US wanted to abolish it but the Southern states did not.
- 5. First English settlement in what is now the US.
- 8. Last name of the first president of the US.
- 10. ___ was dumped into the ocean by angry colonists at the Boston Tea Party.
- 12. Territory bought from France by the US.
- 13. The ___ defeated Great Britain in the battle of New Orleans.
- 14. Lost the war against the British in the 7-Year War.
- 16. As a result of the ___-American War, Mexico lost more than 55% of its territory.
- 2. As a result of the American ___ War, slavery was abolished in the US.
- 4. In 1898, the US became an ___, when it became interested in controlling other nations.
- 6. Territory that became independent from Mexico and then became part of the US.
- 7. Created the Stamp Act to recoup some percentage of the cost of the 7-Year War.
- 9. Florida belonged to this country before becoming part of the US.
- 11. This territory was bought from Russia and became the largest state in the US.
- 15. As a result of the Spanish-American War, the US took control of ____.