- 3. Amendment gave African American men the right to vote
- 5. Papers Essays written by James Madison, Alexander Hamilton, and John Jay to support the ratification of the Constitution
- 7. Constitution a document outlining the basic form and rule of the U.S. government.
- 9. Carta major ideas found in the US constitution of limiting the power to tax and right to a fair trail
- 10. of Versailles Treaty that ended WWI
- 11. Amendment provided direct election of senators
- 13. of Rights First ten amendments to the constitution
- 14. Amendment ended poll taxes
- 15. Bill of Right foundation of American government for freedoms such as freedom of speech and trial by jury.
- 1. of Confederation Document which formed the first government of the U.S. near the end of the American revolution. States had more power than the national government.
- 2. points Peace plan issued by Wilson that called for the freedom of the seas
- 3. Amendment created graduated income tax
- 4. of Independence written mostly by Jefferson to list the grievances (complaints) against Great Britain and to declare independence from Great Britain
- 6. Doctrine Declaration by Truman to economically assist any country fighting Communism after WWI
- 8. Amendment all citizens born in the US get citizenship
- 11. Amendment gave women right to vote
- 12. Amendment gave freedom to slaves in all states
- 14. Amendment The right of 18 year olds to vote