Vegetables of Every Color
- 2. Grown underground and added to salads, boiled, or baked in cakes. Orange, long, and crunchy!
- 4. A fungi you can eat - what a fun time! Put them on pizza, eat them as a “burger,” or stuff them!
- 5. Little trees that some people eat with melted cheese!
- 6. Don’t bury your eggs in the ground and expect a plant to grow!
- 8. Leafy and green. Make it into salad, chips, and everything in between!
- 9. Bake, boil, and fry - the possibilities are endless. Eat them with any meal of the day, but if they start to sprout and get squishy, you should throw them away!
- 1. Some look like zucchini, others you can use as spaghetti. Some grow in the summer, and some grow in the winter.
- 3. Make salsa, pizza sauce, or add it to a hamburger. Sometimes, it's also known as a fruit!
- 5. Yellow, spicy, and crisp. It has a fruit in its name, but they don’t taste the same.
- 7. Might make your breath smell funny, but will make your meals so tasty! Eat it with butter on bread as a side for your spaghetti! A little goes a long way.