ZAP Winter Crossword Puzzle
- 4. the smallest marine mammal in the ocean, and a keystone species that the Oregon Zoo is working with partners to bring back to the west coast
- 6. the scientific name for the desert beetle that plays dead as a defense mechanism
- 9. the hard outer shell invertebrate have instead of inner bones
- 11. Giraffes have a unique color tongue that acts as sunscreen when they eat off branches in the hot summer heat. What is that color?
- 12. a device that gives the animal their food at certain times. These can be seen all throughout the elephant enclosure at the Oregon Zoo
- 1. Found in most big cats to prevent them from scratching each other during play fights or calm interactions
- 2. The soft and sandpaper textured toes on the mountain goats that allows them to scale steep mountains and rocks easily
- 3. This feature allows me to grab and hold objects, and is a feature shared with primates
- 5. This one difference between monkeys and apes allows for monkeys to traverse trees easier
- 7. The most common name other than cougar for this wild cat
- 8. a species of marine ray-finned fish that has a gray speckled body, strong jaw, and swims in an S pattern through shallow water
- 10. Who is the youngest of the 5 elephants? Hint: he loves playing in the water!